PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 28, 2010

a new memory



Today marked our first official Adoptive mom play group. We really need to come up with a name for it. Anyway, J has 5 friends all around the same age....all boys. There are others who couldn't make it.

I'm so excited for not only the friendships J will have from this new little community, but for the friendships my husband and I will have. I must admit it was so nice to be in a group of moms who didn't spend the whole time talking about their pregnancy and labor.
Please don't misunderstand. It's not like that kind of conversation makes me sad or anything. I once had a friend turn to me and say, "I'm just so sad you won't get to experience the wonder of birthing a child." I was thrown by the comment, but I wish I would have replied, "I'm just so sad you won't get to experience the wonder that is adoption." Because it has its own beauty and wonder.
It's just I have nothing to add to the conversation of pregnancy and then someone always tends to give me a pity look. So I usually just sit there bored...waiting for the conversation to end. What stinks is I have some friends with some very painful infertility stories and I hate it when some women make some really insensitive comments when discussing their pregnancies.
So today it was so nice to sit in a group that had similar experiences and understood the roller coaster ride that comes with adoption.
But the sweetest thing was J's reaction to my friend's son. Both boys couldn't stop laughing at each other and smiling. J is almost 6 months now and her son is 7 months. At one point they grabbed hands and kept laughing and I tried to take a picture, but the memory card was full.....so I'm trying to hurry and delete pics before they let go and of course the moment I get enough pics deleted, they let go...moment gone.
But we have never seen J react to other babies like that and I can't wait to see what adventures him and his new bff will have as well as the other awesome 4 little guys. And the moms are all great so I feel even extra lucky.
I'm just so grateful J will grow up knowing other kids who are adopted as well as other trans-racial families. No mom wants their kid to feel isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment